We not only need volunteers to take care of the day-to-day care of the PAWS cats, we also need volunteers to work with the public and pair them up with their new best friend. Our wonderful kitties are in search of feline lovers who can walk individuals through the cat wing and talk about their personalities, preferences, and what home would suit them most perfectly. Adoption Helper Volunteers work alongside our Adoption Counselors who actually process applications and complete adoptions. If you are interested in ultimately helping with adoptions, become an Adoption Helper Volunteer to get your feet wet.
Care training allows you to work our AM/PM shifts as well as participate in PAWS special events. 2-2.5 hour shifts are available during all of our public open hours.
Cat Adoption Helper Training Process
- Part 1 - Watch our virtual training class. This is Zoom recording of our Cat Adoption Helper training and it runs about 20 minutes total.
- Part 2 - Take our training class quiz. Once you've completed the online quiz and have scored at least an 8/10, email firstname.lastname@example.org to move forward in the process.
- Part 3 - Complete a mentoring shift. Your in-person training consists of shadowing a more experienced Cat Adoption Helper Volunteer in order to gain "hands on" experience. Please wear close-toed shoes for working with our animals. You can sign up for additional mentor shifts, or begin volunteering on your own once your mentor shift is complete. The mentoring shifts are generally available on weekends and weekday evenings. Pre-registration is required for all mentor shifts. You are not registered for a mentor session until you receive a confirmation email from PAWS.
- Cat Adoption Helper volunteers must be 18 years or older
- Weekly (regular) volunteers get the most out of their volunteering and tend to form close relationships with the animals in our care and the other volunteers. We prioritize scheduling volunteers who can commit to at least weekly volunteer shifts.
- If you are interested in volunteering for community service and/or are completing less than 30 volunteer hours, please visit our Community Service Volunteers page. We cannot accommodate requests for short term volunteering with Cat Adoption Helping.
- If you have special needs considerations, please visit our Special Needs Volunteers page.