Volunteers are the heart and soul of Centre County PAWS. We invite you to complete an online application and join the ranks of devoted volunteers committed to helping homeless and needy dogs and cats.
It takes hundreds of volunteer and staff hours to maintain and grow the Center. The number of paid staff is limited so volunteers comprise the vast majority of people power at PAWS. It takes numerous volunteers to care for the dogs and cats every morning and evening, and there are dozens more "behind the scenes" volunteers working on adoption applications, fundraising, scheduling, ongoing medical care, and much more.
There are two easy steps to becoming a volunteer at PAWS:
Step 1: Volunteer Application
Please review the special considerations listed below, then complete your Centre County PAWS Volunteer Application online today!
- Community Service Volunteers
- Group Volunteer Opportunities
- Volunteers with Special Needs
- Youth Volunteers
- Adult Volunteer Application
- Youth Volunteer Application - Where youth opportunities are available at PAWS, the minimum age is 13 years old. Youth volunteers must be accompanied by a responsible, trained adult at all times. Both the adult and the youth volunteer must fill out a volunteer application.
Step 2: Preregister for a Training Date
Once you have filled out your application, your next step is to review the volunteer areas below and then request registration by email for the desired training. Please see the information below on how to preregister for the training that you're interested in attending.
- Cat Care Volunteer Training Information
- Cat Adoption Helper Volunteer Training Information
- Dog Care Volunteer Training Information
- Dog Adoption Helper Volunteer Training Information
- Front Desk Training Information
- Training for Other Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer Feedback Form
How do you think we're doing? We want to hear from you about what we're doing right and what we can improve upon at PAWS. Please fill out the survey below and provide us with feedback!