Please note - due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many vets are fully booked for 2-3 months. Vouchers are valid for 90 days and we require at least 40 business hours to process any applications. For these reasons, please schedule your vet appointment before applying for a voucher.
The spay/neuter voucher program is designed to reduce the cost of managing a feral/stray colony or getting your cat or dog altered. The program gives you a coupon that can be used at a local vet's office at the time of surgery. Our voucher program is open to people who live full-time in Centre County (dogs and cats). Vouchers are also available for purchase for cats only (feral and non-feral) to people who live outside of Centre County.
Centre County resident vouchers are approved for use at any Centre County veterinarian's office, Allegheny Spay/Neuter Clinic in Woodland, and RoseBird Veterinary Center in Jersey Shore. Three vet's offices, All Pets Veterinary Wellness & Spay/Neuter Clinic, Allegheny Spay/Neuter Clinic, and RoseBird Veterinary Center currently accept vouchers as the full price of surgery for cats. More detailed information, including the specifically approved amount, is provided with the voucher, which will be sent to you by mail or email.
Non-Centre County resident cat vouchers may only be purchased for use at All Pets Veterinary Wellness & Spay/Neuter Clinic, Allegheny Spay/Neuter Clinic, or RoseBird Veterinary Center. More detailed information is provided with the voucher, which will be sent to you by mail or email. Purchased vouchers are non-refundable.
Note: Any clients who use All Pets are required to pay for flea treatment for any animal with a flea infestations and for a rabies vaccination if your animal is not yet vaccinated per PA law. Rabies vaccinations are included within the surgical cost at the Allegheny S/N Clinic and RoseBird Veterinary Center. Pre-operative bloodwork, vaccines, de-worming medication, etc. are available at an additional charge. You are encouraged to follow the vet's suggested wellness plan in addition to having the spay/neuter procedure done.
- Centre County vouchers may only be used at veterinarians in Centre County, Allegheny Spay/Neuter Clinic in Woodland, or RoseBird Veterinary Center in Jersey Shore
- Up to 6 Centre County vouchers per household, per calendar year, are available for non-feral animals. There is no limit on the number of feral vouchers available per year.
- Non-Centre County residents are eligible to purchase vouchers for cats (feral or non-feral) only and there is no limit to the number available per year.
- Non-Centre County vouchers may only be purchased for use at All Pets Vet Clinic and Allegheny Spay/Neuter Clinic
- All feral cats must have their ear tipped at the time of surgery.*
- We are not able to provide vouchers to other rescue organizations for use with their animals.
- Purchased vouchers are non-refundable.
* Feral cats are "wild" cats who cannot be easily touched, and therefore the sex may not be determined until sedated. They are most often cats who will be released outdoors after being spayed/neutered (though some participants work with socializing feral kittens and ultimately find them indoor homes).
Your Next Steps
- Prior to completing an application check with your veterinarian about minimum age and size requirements for animals. Schedule your spay/neuter appointment accordingly. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many vets may not be able to schedule you for 2-3 months, even if the animal you are calling about meets minimum age and size requirements.
- Complete the online voucher application form for cats, dogs, or feral cats within 90 days of your scheduled appointment (vouchers expire after 90 days). Or, contact us and ask for a paper application form, and send the completed form back to us.
- A minimum of 40 business hours is required to process your application. Wait for your application to be processed and for the voucher to be emailed or mailed to you.
- Follow your veterinarian's instructions for pre-surgical fasting, drop-off, pick-up, and recovery instructions.
You Can Help PAWS
- By telling your friends, family, and neighbors the importance of spaying and neutering.
- By reserving spay/neuter funds for people who truly need assistance.
Click to complete the online VOUCHER application form for:
These links are to the Voucher Application forms and are NOT the voucher, which should be turned in to your veterinarian. Please complete an application online and allow at least 1-2 weeks for approval.
Spay/Neuter Contact Information
Phone: (814) 237-8722 extension 4