Effective: March 19, 2020
For those visitors with a scheduled appointment at PAWS for adoption, animal surrender, or foster pick-up, please reference the following revised policies and procedures at Centre County PAWS:
- The front door will remain locked more frequently than is typical throughout the week. Those who have an appointment should ring the front door bell and await assistance. The front doorbell and door handles are regularly disinfected.
- Wherever possible, our staff and volunteers will take steps to minimize (or eliminate) your time indoors at PAWS or in direct contact with other people. This may be done in one of the following ways:
- You may be sent paperwork to complete prior to your appointment at PAWS
- You may be asked to complete paperwork in your vehicle at PAWS before entering the building
- We will utilize our outdoor spaces and larger indoor spaces as much as possible, to maximize opportunities for social distancing
- Any person who is immunocompromised, ill, or living with or caring for someone who is immunocompromised or ill should stay away from PAWS at this time.
- Hand sanitizer stations are placed visibly throughout the building and visitors are asked to utilize them liberally.
- Individuals with surrender appointments are asked to refrain from bringing any supplies from home at this time. This includes litter boxes, cat trees, toys, bedding, etc. Whenever possible, we ask that medical records be sent in via fax or email in advance of the appointment.