Our low-cost clinics are open to all Pennsylvania residents. We encourage Centre County residents to seek assistance using our voucher program, allowing more spaces in our clinics for out-of-county animals. Clinics are announced on this website and our Facebook page.
To participate in a clinic, you must pre-register and pre-pay (checks must be made payable to Centre County PAWS). Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Walk-ins are not accepted at the clinics. Animals as young as eight weeks old who weight at least two pounds are eligible for the clinics.
- Feral/wild cats are not accepted into PAWS clinics.
- There are no refunds once a spot is reserved.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Applications must include payment.
- Clinics are generally held at off-site clinic locations, not at PAWS.
- A PAWS representative will contact you the week of the clinic to provide care/drop-off instructions.
- You must bring photo identification with you when dropping off your animal for a clinic.
- Veterinary aftercare is not available through PAWS. Visit your regular veterinarian for any needed or recommended follow up care.
You can complete the online clinic application form on this page, or you can download the mail-in clinic application form.
Upcoming clinic dates:
- Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at Allegheny Spay/Neuter Clinic of Centre Hall, 2451 General Potter Highway, Centre Hall. This low-cost clinic is open to both cats and dogs who are at least 8 weeks old and who weigh at least 2 pounds. Rabies vaccines and distemper vaccines are included in the cost of the clinic. It is available to all Pennsylvania residents. Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited, particularly for female dogs. PAWS will be closed to the public from December 24 until January 5 so applications must be received no later than December 23 for this clinic.
Pre-registration including payment and the application form is required. You will receive email or telephone confirmation one week prior to the clinic. We do not accept requests to reserve space without payment and the application form.
|Up to 30 pounds||$70||$80|
|Over 70 pounds||$150||$200|
These prices include a rabies vaccine and a distemper vaccine. There is no discount if the vaccines are not needed. Options at the owner's discretion are:
- Flea treatment - $8 (mandatory if fleas are evident)
- Microchip - $40
- Additional pain medication - $14 for cats, $14-35 for dogs depending on weight of dog
- Combo test for cats - $38.25
Payment for the cost of the surgery is due with the clinic application. Any optional costs are due at check-in on the day of the clinic at the latest.
You Can Help PAWS
- By telling your friends, family, and neighbors the importance of spaying and neutering.
- By reserving spay/neuter funds for people who truly need assistance.