Title: Kennel Assistant
Company: Centre County PAWS, Animal Shelter
Location: State College, PA
Position type: Part time, 10-15 hours/week
Experience: 0-1 years
Desired education level: High school diploma/GED
Description: Kennel assistant needed to work morning shifts (typically 7:30-11 am) or evening shifts (typically 4:30-8:30 pm). Must be available weekends and weekdays. All applicants must be extremely comfortable working with dogs and cats. This position is responsible for the cleanliness of the living environment for dogs and cats housed in the facility as well as maintenance of general areas; assisting volunteers by walking and exercising large dogs is also of primary importance.
- Assist in daily cleaning of all indoor and outdoor kennels and regular cleaning of the facility’s general areas
- Walk and exercise dogs of all training levels and sizes.
- Assist with cat side cleaning shifts.
- Spot clean kennels and general areas throughout the shift.
- Disinfect animal areas regularly as assigned.
- Disinfect general areas regularly as assigned.
- Keep supervisor informed of any visible animal behavior or health concerns.
- Keep supervisor informed of any problems with the facility.
- Disinfect and stow animal carriers.
- Organize and stow donations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful applicants will possess strong initiative, be detail oriented, and enjoy cleaning and maintaining a healthy living environment for the resident animals. Kennel assistants work alongside volunteers and must display exemplary interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to bend and kneel repeatedly.
- Must be able to work standing for 4 hours or more.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Must have a good range of motion in back, knees, wrists.
- Must have an acceptable sense of balance and ability to navigate through cramped areas.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
Position is physically demanding.
Centre County PAWS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
For those interested in applying, please submit your resume to our Kennel Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be considered.