Title: Events Assistant
Company: Centre County PAWS
Location: State College, PA
Position type: Part time, 15–20 hours/week
- Minimum of two years of experience in a customer service environment
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a busy workplace environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- General computer skills, including Microsoft Office; database experience a plus
- High school diploma/GED required
Date posted: 1/28/2019
Description: Assist the Director of Development and Marketing, and the Director of Finance, in carrying out development-related events and activities. This position reports to the Director of Development and Marketing.
- Assist in the planning and preparation for all PAWS special events, including the Fur Ball, Comedy Club, and 3 Bingo events
- Assist during special events – registration, auctions, prizes, etc. Must be able to work weekend and evening hours for these events.
- Plan and execute public and volunteer events as assigned
- Generate donor thank‐yous and other correspondence as needed
- Maintain the PAWS donor database, including adding new records, updating records, and generating reports from the database as needed
- Maintain the confidentiality of donor records
- Help solicit auction items and bingo prizes as needed
- Work with special events committee members
- Other duties as assigned
Centre County PAWS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
Please email cover letter and resume to Christine Faust, Director of Development & Marketing to be considered for this position.